In an event happens only every decade or so, this year both World Communion (celebrated the first Sunday of October) and Thanksgiving Sunday (celebrated the day before the second Monday) will fall on the same day this year. All of this will make for a very special service this week.
- We will celebrate Thanksgiving with traditional hymns, message and prayers of thanksgiving.
- We will celebrate the common communion table that is shared by all Christians of every time, place and denomination.
- There will be some very special music including:
- Agnus Dei (by George Bizet) Given in praise by Margaret McKenzie-Leighton
- Love is Like a River (By Jeff Silvey and Suzanne Jennings) Given in praise by Joyful Sound! with solos by David and Bob!
- The Minister, Rev. W. Scott McAndless will preach on the practice of Gratitude.
Also, a couple of final reminders:
- Ballots to elect Elders and Deacon need to be returned to the church for counting by the end of the service this Sunday.
- Questionnaires for the upcoming Presbytery Visitation can be returned this Sunday and need to be returned to the church by the end of worship on October 14.