There is so much that is very special going on at St. Andrew’s Hespeler this Sunday. It is Mission Awareness Sunday and we will be deepening our understanding of how we are all involved in Christ’s mission to the world.
- Our very special guest speaker will be Gladys Abboud. For Gladys and her family, moving to Canada was bittersweet. Gladys is from Lebanon, and her husband is from Syria. Together, with their son, they moved to Canada 2015. Gladys’ home country of Lebanon has received about 2 million refugees from Syria and that has put a great strain on the country. Gladys and her husband decided to immigrate to Canada to get away from the conflict, to try and live in a peaceful place, she says. Gladys’ husband has a background in software, so they decided to move to Waterloo. Although refugees are moving to Canada in the hopes of finding safety, they are leaving a lot behind. Often they are leaving friends and family behind. The innocent people never leave their thoughts.
- Glady’s message will be entitled: “The Lord is my Shepherd.”
- There will be lots of really amazing music
- The Youth Band will share “What a Beautiful Name” by Ben Fielding & Brooke Ligertwood
- The Adult Choir will share “Rise Up, Rise Up” by Linnea Good
- Joyful Sound! (the men’s group) will be singing “Can He, Could He, Would He?” By John Chisum & Dwight Liles with some very special musical accompaniment!
After the service, we will enjoy a “potluck” style lunch together while we share information with everyone, about the trips and organizations some of our groups and individuals are involved in within our community and further.
- Also, the Summer newsletter will be out. Grab one hot off the presses.