May 14, 2017 is, of course, Mother’s Day and Christian Family Sunday. That alone makes the day a very special celebration at St. Andrew’s Hespeler but there are a number of other things that will make this coming Sunday a great day to share together as one Christian Family.
- Our amazing Youth Band will be honouring God’s presence and the people they love with Supermarket Flowers (by Ed Sheeran, John McDaid, and Benjamin Levin) and In You There is a Refuge (by Keri K. Wehlander)
- We will celebrate all the women among us with a special surprise gift
- After worship we will be planting potatoes outside as we kick off our campaign to do two fun and worthwhile things:
- See who can grow the biggest potato
- Grow food for this fall’s Thursday Night Supper and Social
- Last Sunday, the minister gave a mystery box to one of the children in our congregation. That child has been challenged to find something (almost anything – there are only a few rules) to put in the box and bring back to church this Sunday. During the children’s time, the minister will open the box and will be required to make a lesson out of whatever he finds inside. Can you bear the tension? What will be in the box? What will the minister do with it? Come Sunday morning and all will be revealed!
- And last (but certainly not least) our Minister, Scott McAndless, will take us back to the origins of our North American celebration of Mother’s Day and lead us to ask the question, will we be reunited with the ones we love (such as our mothers) in the afterlife?