During the month of December I have been collecting Sermon suggestions and questions from the people of St. Andrew’s Hespeler Presbyterian Church. During January I will be putting all of the suggestions up on a big board so that the congregation may vote on them and I will preach the top four starting on February 9.
Here are the suggestions so far in the order received:
1. Sex Education (I assume that the expectation is not that I sexually educate the congregation but rather talk about the place of sex ed. in society).
2. One can deal with love or hate; but how does one deal with indifference?
3. The origin and history of the Apostle’s Creed.
4. Why do good things happen to bad people?
5. How do you encourage your adult children who’ve left home to continue going to church and to teach their children the faith?
6. Why don’t we hear about Jesus from his birth to when he was an adult? There is about a 30 year gap. What kind of teenager do you think he was?
7. Do we welcome the Gay community to the church?
8. Strong Women of the Bible
This could be very interesting!
The window for suggestions is closing soon (Dec 31) and I would be very happy to receive more. People of St. Andrew’s can make suggestions by responding to this post, by dropping of a suggestion in the box at the church tomorrow or in whatever way is most convenient for you! Don’t delay!!